Everything has been a lot different this year than the previous years. Even though we have adapted to the new normal, it’s been pretty daunting. On one side there is the anxiety of falling ill, the other side there is the stress of coping up with the new normal and yet another side we are trying to bring life back to the actual normal, the way it used to be.
With all of this stuff swimming inside our head it is always good to check whether our mental health is in a good state or not. Here are a few questions for a quick mental health check in.
Mental health check in questions
- How do you feel most of the time?
- How do you feel this moment?
- How is your job/study performance? Are you improving or declining?
- How is your life? Are you satisfied? Dissappointed? Do you want to improve more?
- What made you laugh till your stomach hurts?
- Have you ever felt bored while doing things you usually enjoy?
- Are you surrounded by positive people?
- What one thing that you did today made you happy?
- Do you get angry faster than usual?
- Are you in a bad mood constantly?
- What made you the angriest?
- Who or what inspires you the most?
- Do you find it hard to get out of bed and start your day?
- Are you satisfied with your physical health?
- What kind of activities, do you think, will improve your mental health?
- Who did you miss the most?
- Are you having enough food? Or has your appetite gone through changes?
- Do you feel your life is in your control?
- Are you spending enough time with your friends and family?
- Who do you rely on most?
- Do you have trouble focusing on work/study?
- Do you feel tired all the time?
- Do you always keep thinking that there is worse coming?
- When was the last time you ate a whole, nourishing meal?
- What do you keep on thinking about?
- What are you grateful for?
- Does it feel hard for you to make decisions?
- Are your sleep habits and sleep pattern the same as usual?
- How do you handle things when you are emotionally unstable?
- What do you think you need to heal?
While these question cannot replace professional help in anyways, these will help you understand where your position is in terms of mental health. These will help you decide whether you have an amazing mental health or you need to invest more time in improving your mental health.
Why you must give importance to mental health?
It is very easy to ignore about mental health. But ignoring them might cause bigger problems later. Here are a few statistics that show how widespread mental health problems are.
Do a mental health check in regularly to identify stress, anxiety etc. and keep them in check
A few ways to improve your mental health are:
- Have an open hearted talk with your closed one
- Do a brain dump
- Dedicate some time for yourself and have a self-care session
- Do some exercise
- Practice something you love
- Write down things you are grateful for
- Which question was a real eye opener to you?
- Which question made you hit the AHA! moment? I’d love to know. Let me know in the comments below
Loads of love,